How To Access Housing

All transitional housing must be accessed through a specific Central City Concern program or a partner agency. If you are a CCC client in need of transitional housing, please check with your case manager.

If you are seeking permanent housing, contact the Central City Concern Housing Office.

Due to COVID-19, the CCC Housing Office is by appointment only.
Call us to make an appointment: 503-525-8483

The Housing Office manages permanent housing, both subsidized and fair market. Virtually all of these units are single room occupancy (SRO) – one person may live in this size unit. SRO units may have communal bathrooms/showers and/or kitchen facilities.

The subsidized housing receives Section 8 rent subsidies. Subsidized housing is offered on a waitlist basis. Contact the housing office for information on how to apply either for fair market or subsidized housing. Demand is high and waitlists can be long; people are encouraged to apply early. Central City Concern does not operate emergency housing that is available on an urgent basis.

Fair market housing receives no subsidies and is for individuals who have sufficient income to pay their own rent. For fair market housing, CCC maintains an "interested parties" list. Contact us early to be added to this list as waits can be long. When a unit becomes available, names are called and prompt response is urged.

Many of Central City Concern's housing units are Alcohol & Drug-Free Community Housing (ADFC) that requires a commitment to a clean and sober lifestyle.  Please read What is ADFC Housing to determine if this sort of housing is right for you. Further, each building may have additional requirements that are detailed in the building criteria or tenant selection plan document, available at our Housing office.

Blackburn Center housing

Blackburn Center is not accepting new residents at this time. Click here to learn about your options for accessing Blackburn Center housing when units become available.

Helpful resources to find affordable housing