Old Town Clinic
Current patients of Old Town Clinic may use Extended Hours and Urgent Care services at 727 West Burnside, Portland. Extended Hours & Urgent Care Hours have changed! Monday through Friday, 4 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Closed on all major holidays. Call 503-228-4533 to make an appointment.
Low income and homeless people often have multiple medical problems and health issues including chronic conditions like diabetes or asthma. Homelessness can exacerbate these problems making them more difficult to treat. Old Town Clinic provides compassionate health care to people who might not otherwise get care, treating them with dignity and respect no matter how complex their care.
Old Town Clinic offers quality health care to everyone on a sliding fee scale. Located in the heart of the Burnside neighborhood, patients can often get all the care they need in a single location. Clinicians provide both primary and naturopathic care, perform preventive exams, treat injuries, perform minor procedures and can connect patients with mental health and chemical dependency services.
Old Town Clinic is known for its cost effective and innovative care:
- OTC is recognized as a National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Tier 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home 2011. The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home 2011 standards emphasize the use of systematic, patient-centered, coordinated care that supports access, communication and patient involvement.
- OTC is a Federally Qualified Health Center and leverages federal and state dollars to provide a strong regimen of care. View our various locations here.
- A broad network of specialists accepts referrals from OTC to help patients get the care they need.
- An award-winning, unique collaboration between OTC and Oregon Health Sciences University allows physicians in training to understand and address the social and public health issues that affect the OTC population.
- OTC is a demonstration site and model for delivering integrated health care and social services more effectively. Health care providers from around the country come to Portland to tour OTC.
- OTC is home to an Interdisciplinary Community Care Team, a five-member team of healthcare outreach workers who help complex patients strengthen usage of primary care clinics and other basic services that improve health.
- OTC was selected as one of 30 "exemplary clinics" in the United States by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in 2012 through the LEAP Project (Learning from Effective Ambulatory Practices). The lessons and models gathered from LEAP sites like OTC have been compiled into a resource (found at ImprovingPrimaryCare.org) to help primary care practices improve their quality of care and become patient-centered medical homes. The website also features several videos, one of which shows Old Town Clinic staff prominently (below).
Classes and Recent News Items
Click here for a complete list of Wellness Classes available to clients of Old Town Clinic and Old Town Recovery Center in August2015.
Details about Restorative Yoga program.
Old Town Clinic provides quality health care for more than 20,000 medical visits (nearly 3,000 individuals) each year.
- Rachel Solotaroff MD, Medical Director