Bud Clark Clinic
650 NW Irving Street, Portland, OR 97209
The Bud Clark Clinic, located in the Bud Clark Commons in northwest Portland, serves people who are experiencing homelessness. The clinic receives support not only from Central City Concern’s Old Town Clinic, but also from Multnomah County, Home Forward, and Transition Projects, Inc. Bud Clark Commons is a housing resource that offers a day-time resource center and a men’s overnight shelter, run by Transition Projects. It also offers a permanent supportive housing program for vulnerable homeless people operated by Home Forward.
The Bud Clark Clinic provides
- Short-term treatment for injuries, new illnesses, and urgent medical needs.
- Assistance during recovery from surgery, including wound care.
- Help getting medication refills for problems like diabetes, hypertension, etc.
The Clinic Treats
- Skin conditions, including cuts, wounds, bites, rashes, and infections
- Acute pain (new pain)
- Acute infections
- Short-term essential medication refills (for diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
The Clinic Cannot:
- Assist patients with long-term pain management.
- Accept referrals from outside providers or hospital systems.
- Treat chronic pain.
Please note: For patients who are dealing with chronic health concerns, it’s best to establish a relationship with a doctor (or other primary care provider). Bud Clark Clinic patients who want to connect to primary health care and/or behavioral health care will be assisted finding care through the Old Town Clinic.
eligible for services at the Bud Clark Clinic
- The Clinic offers quality health care to any adult, age 18 or over, with or without health insurance.
- Services are offered at a sliding fee scale to people who are living at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line.
- The Clinic also offers visits to Home Forward residents on the 4th floor of Bud Clark Commons.
How To Access Care
Visit the Day Center at Bud Clark Commons (650 NW Irving St.), and ask about the clinic at the front desk. For more information about the Day Center and its services, click here.
Bud Clark Clinic Hours
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(Hours may change based on staff availability.)
For Bud Clark Residents only: The clinic is open Monday and Thursday afternoons.
Mental Health Emergency
If you are having a mental health emergency or experiencing thoughts of suicide, please call the Multnomah County Crisis Line at (800) 716-9769.