Central City Coffee
Ending homeless and achieving self sufficiency through roasting and selling exceptional coffees in Portland. Trainees learn transferable skills through the coffee trade, specifically working a production line, evaluating taste, sales and distribution.
A portion of Central City Coffee's sales supports Central City Concern's Community Volunteer Corps (CVC).
Central City Coffee sources and roasts stunning coffees in order to:
- Showcase Central City Concern’s mission of providing comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency.
- Teach transferable employment skills and offer life changing experiences.
- Generate revenue for Central City Concern.
- Achieve Central City Concern’s mission while also providing opportunities for coffee producers to improve their lives.
Every Decision We Make:
- Maintains or improves coffee quality.
- Positively impacts trainees, staff, and coffee producers.
- Respects our relationships with each other and our vendors, customers, partners, and competitors.
- Reinforces the reputations and missions of Central City Concern and Central City Coffee.
- Allows us to operate as socially and fiscally responsible organizations.
Follow us on Facebook.com/CentralCityCoffee
This project is made possible by the generous support of Portland Roasting Coffee through donations of raw coffee, training and education support, and use of roasting facilities. Our partnership with Portland Roasting Coffee is vital to the success of this endeavor. We thank them for their commitment to community and their support.